Senior Software Engineer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About our Teams:
At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - React, NodeJS, Typescript and Python on GCP - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got a few years of experience working on software development teams, and can help lead in technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Docker, AWS, GCP
- Experience in React, Sequelize, NodeJS, MySql
- Experience in biotech, genomics, and precision medicine
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.