IT & Security Administrator
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
This is an opportunity to manage and help our existing and new employees with automation and productivity for Pryon’s provisioned cloud applications, employee onboarding, offboarding, general IT administration of cloud applications, email and storage along with monitoring and managing our Managed Service Provider for cybersecurity. Pryon is a North Carolina headquartered private company backed by top flight investors that has been expanding each quarter. Pryon is offering an opportunity for someone to gain a lot of exposure to many segments of information technology and security while supporting an organization of 70+ people.
The successful candidate can envision a future as segment leader.Candidates must have experience in administration of email, storage, cloud applications and working knowledge of fundamental security products or principles based in the cloud. The ideal candidate is a meticulous project planner and can create processes and manage them proactively and efficiently within an information technology environment that relies on SaaS applications for the business.
In This Role, You Will:
- Inventory and maintain all cloud-based business application credentials along with clear policies for highly credentialed users and systems
- Create and maintain an onboarding and offboarding process for all Pryon employees’ laptops to credential users and deprecate those users with documented SLAs of each process
- Maintain IT evidence support of our SOC2 Type 2 initiative that will cycle every 12 months
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to analyze business requirements and develop solutions that will be IT-owned or led
- Provide primary helpdesk support: In depth practical knowledge, troubleshooting and administration of commonly used SaaS applications. These can be Cloudflare, GSuite, Jira, Salesforce, Slack, Teams, Zoom, and others
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT systems
- Manage IT assets both at the hardware and software level
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and implementation of internal IT infrastructure, e.g. VPN
- Organize and implement processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Manage internal SaaS systems integral to performing daily tasks across the business.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to analyze business requirements and develop solutions for IT solutions needed.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 2-4 year college degree or equivalent certificate
- 2-5 years of relevant experience as a system administrator
- 2-5 years of experience managing an MDM product (e.g., Jamf, Kandji, Mosyle)
- 2-5 years managing onboarding and offboarding employee equipment
- Must have macOS administration experience
- In-depth practical knowledge, administration, onboarding, troubleshooting, and administration of commonly used SaaS applications:Google WorkspaceMicrosoft 365SaaS applications
- Experience managing SOC2 evidence collection
- Experience managing cybersecurity products
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a high-growth and fast -moving startup environment
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.