Applied NLP Research Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking an applied NLP Engineer to join our AI Research team. In this role, you will extend the capabilities of our machine intelligence, natural language processing and inference engines, conduct in depth analysis of customer data and logs, and develop test harnesses to evaluate performance of system components and help integrate these components into our production environment.
In this Role, You Will:
- Work with our research and engineering teams to build world-class Information Retrieval and Question Answering systems over structured and unstructured data
- Be a member of a team that is building a new generation of AI-driven search systems
- Collaborate with other members of the team to scale our IR systems to very large collections of documents
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of BA/BS in Computer Science, Data Science or related technical field. MA/MS or PhD preferred.
- Foundation in Computer Science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Expertise in one or more of: Python, C++, or Java.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, or Speech Recognition.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, or another deep learning toolkit.
- Experience with cloud based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google. Experience with micro-service creation is a plus.
- Experience working with tools such as Jira and Git. Demonstrated ability to produce product-level code is a plus.
- Industry or research experience in data analytics, machine learning, and software development.
- Problem solving skills. Hands on, get stuff done attitude.
- Team player with ability to work in a close knit, fast paced startup environment.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.