Product Manager - Applications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking an experienced and talented product management professional with a track record of bringing new features and methods to market from initial launch to market leader. The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively about how to apply AI and ML techniques to the traditional knowledge management segment. The Product Manager will manage the product definition, positioning, pricing, and lifecycle management of existing and new products. This position will be responsible for determining one of Pryon's applications offerings and driving the development, launch, and adoption of the product to positively impact the customers experience and gain market share. The role is responsible for developing and executing the delivery of the product roadmap for Pryon.
In This Role, You Will:
- Support 0-1 development of Pryon’s first application offering leveraging Pryon’s NLP platform
- Own your application roadmap and set prioritization for feature delivery by synthesizing market research, customer and prospect data, customer needs, and internal/external stakeholder expectations
- Refine, drive, and roll out robust customer product feedback cycle
- Define and gather customer insights and feedback, provide customer-centered product vision and definition, infuse the learning back into the application and platform roadmaps
- Prioritize configuration-focused product development, prioritizing scalability, and adaptability
- Practice user centric design and development through collaboration with customers
- Support GTM, Sales, and Solutions teams, be the product expert for scoping, feature discovery, and problem statement distillation
- Author application specifications, inclusive of use cases, and activity flow diagrams; identify data sources, analytics, reporting, and integration requirements
- Collaborate with Platform team and ensure tight alignment on feature exploration and problem solving
- Lead Agile Ceremonies including Refinements, Roadmap reviews, Sprint Planning, and Stand-Ups
- Participate in technical discussions with Engineering and R&D to understand how technical design decisions impact scope, timeline, and trade-offs
- Define use cases, set requirements and acceptance criteria for features, utilizing an iterative approach to allow for measurement of success and adoption, and prioritization of enhancements
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the development process in your area of focus and at times be a key contributor and mindful guide to engineers and scientists on the team
- Interact with customers and market thought leaders to develop a deep understanding and define product requirements and best practices for an enterprise business problem
- Define and document business processes that are impacted by your product(s).
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, and other support teams such as user experience, QA, and documentation to create exceptional solutions
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Preferred - M.B.A degree
- Preferred - Experience working on enterprise AI, ML, NLP, search, or data science-based applications
- Preferred - 3+ years of Product Management/Consulting Products experience working in an Agile environment, writing Epics, User Stories, and running Agile ceremonies and processes
- Preferred - SaaS startup experience at Series A, B, or C company
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university, with a focus on business, science, technology, engineering, linguistics or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing logical, detailed, and complete product requirements and functional specifications
- Demonstrated success in developing, effectively communicating, and executing a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Knowledgeable in technology, software architecture, and software as a service (SaaS) delivery model
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in the agile software development process
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.