Machine Learning Engineer - Distributed Systems
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We're looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer with a focus on Distributed Systems to our AI Engineering team.
In This Role, You Will:
- Design and develop performant, scalable, and fault-tolerant micro-service based systems running on a hybrid (mixed CPU and GPU/TPU) compute backend
- Analyze performance bottlenecks in such a system and proposing/implementing performance enhancements
- Propose architectural enhancements and work closely with ML and Operations teams to turn such proposals into reality
What You'll Need to Be successful:
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with competencies in distributed systems, data structures, and algorithms.
- 5+ years of industry experience. Technical leadership experience a plus.
- Master’s or higher degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related field. Or Bachelor’s degree with relevant work experience.
- Expertise in one or more of: Python, Java, Golang, C++.
- Experience with cloud-based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with developing large-scale microservice-oriented solutions.
- Problem solving skills. Hands on, get stuff done attitude. Keen desire to optimize large scale systems.
- Team player with ability to work in a close knit, fast paced startup environment
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.