Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining high-criticality software applications that help Hermeus fly cutting-edge aircraft.
- Write, review, and approve system and software requirements and design documents.
- Develop real-time embedded applications with strong emphasis on system integration.
- Develop solutions conforming to Open System Architecture (OSA) guidelines.
- Support verification and traceability of requirements allocated to software systems.
- Own the overall software development lifecycle for high-criticality software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with a focus on real-time embedded systems, ideally in an aviation product area.
- Strong experience in embedded systems development.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Experience with a real-time operating system, such as VxWorks, Integrity, etc.
- Experience with avionic equipment such as flight computers, mission computers, communications, navigation, sensors, radars, or payloads.
- Experience with avionics systems development process standards, such as ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254 or similar standards.
- Experience with communication protocols and standards like RS-485, ARINC-429, Ethernet.
If you are passionate about software development and aviation, and want to work in a dynamic startup environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.