Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Today, CLEAR is well-known as a leader in digital and biometric identification, reducing friction for our members wherever an ID check is needed. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of products which will go beyond just ID and enable our members to leverage the power of a networked digital identity. As a Senior Software Engineer at CLEAR, you will participate in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of applications to build and enhance our platform- one that interconnects dozens of attributes and qualifications while keeping member privacy and security at the core.
Level and specific team / role matching will happen at the end of our interview process, where you will choose from a subset of the following destinations:
- Partners: The bridge between CLEAR's technology platform and our B2B customers. Responsible for our external API and associated new integrations
- Members: Focus on building amazing consumer experiences
- Enroll & Verify: Enrollment and verification are how we make sure that people are who they say they are
- Travel & Aviation: Provide a frictionless and reliable experience at airport security checkpoints across the country. We help deliver faster, safer, and seamless travel experiences using biometrics
A brief highlight of our tech stack:
- AWS cloud
What you’ll do:
- Advance our capabilities across a wide array of industries and domains and gain hands-on experience with privacy, security, data modeling and architecture
- Develop and deliver code across the full stack, driving engineering excellence by defining to best practices in testing, documentation and observability
- Partner with product and other stakeholders to uncover requirements, to innovate, and to solve complex problems
- Have a strong sense of ownership, responsible for architectural decision-making and striving for continuous improvement in technology and processes at CLEAR
What You Have:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Working with cloud-based application development, and be fluent in at least a few of:
- Cloud services providers like AWS
- Containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Collaboration, integration, and deployment tools like Github, Argo, and Jenkins
- Articulating technical concepts to a mixed audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborating and mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Curiosity about technology, believe in constant learning, and ability to be autonomous to figure out what's important
How You’ll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
The base salary range for this role is $195,000-$227,500, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
Something looks off?