Senior Software Engineer
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
At Anduril Australia we are delivering unmanned systems across all physical military domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects require Senior Software Engineers with broad experience to drive the delivery a variety of software enabled capabilities to our customers. Anduril Senior Software Engineers rapidly develop expertise in new domains in order to articulate the value of, scope, architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation capabilities through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own software enabled solutions that are deployed to customers, optimizing for the delivery of value to the end-user
- Empathize with end-users and drive solutions that balance their needs with external constraints, restrictions and requirements in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Design and implement scalable software enabled systems, leveraging the output of multiple external teams, that rapidly delivers capability beyond the scope of current platforms
- Contribute to the design and development of existing software services across Anduril, with the aim of developing components that are re-usable across multiple Anduril product lines
- Develop software that runs on- and off- robotic platforms, using a variety of technologies
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Support system delivery, configuration, training and sustainment
- Own customer success on one or more customer accounts, in co-ordination with Anduril Mission Operations Engineer’s and Business Development Managers.
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary delivery team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Mechatronics, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive professional experience working as a Software Engineer with one or more domains and/or technologies of expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and co-ordination skills
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency, scaling, testing, infrastructure, software design and system design
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for the delivery of a mixed hardware/software system, including stakeholder engagement, scoping, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, and sustainment
- Capacity to learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience writing backend services or embedded software in C++ and/or Go
- Experience writing frontend applications using Typescript and React
- Experience with the design, implementation and operation of horizontally scaled cloud technologies
- Experience with the design, implementation and support of embedded software, particularly in the field of robotics
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering concepts
- Desire to learn and grow in to other roles that require experience as a Senior Software Engineer, such as Principal Software Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers; and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and Paid Time Off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians, and all on-site meals fully subsidized during the work week with gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!