Senior Fuze Designer
McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
Anduril’s Rocket Motor Systems group is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer who is specialized in the design of fuzing systems to join our team.
As a Senior Fuze Designer, you will perform the systems engineering function by writing and allocating requirements. You will design and develop the safety-critical circuitry to be used in Ignition Safety Devices (ISD) and Electronic Safe and Arm Devices (ESAD). You will specify and be responsible for testing of ISDs and ESADs, including environmental testing. The right person for this role has direct, hands-on experience with the design and development of safety critical systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform the Systems Engineering function for ISDs and ESADs
- Write and allocate requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design of ISDs and ESADs
- Design safety-critical circuitry
- Design and test prototype ISDs and ESADs
- Generate schematics and simulations
- Work with technicians to ensure that Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) are properly laid out
- Act as the lead engineer for design, prototype fabrication, and manufacturing
- Draft and present formal technical documents, reports, and testing results to manager for approval
- Present the design and technical data to Government safety boards for their approval
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with the design and development of safety-critical circuitry
- Thorough understanding of MIL-STANDARDS such as MIL-STD-1901 and/or MIL-STD-1316
- Familiarity with environmental testing such as that specified in MIL-STD-331
- Prior experience as a lead engineer
- Must be an effective communicator with peers, customers, and Government employees
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and proficient with computer-aided design software
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Experience with circuit simulation tools (spice)
- Experience using EDA tools such as OrCAD or Altium
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. secret clearance
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!