Senior Software Engineer
Remote, OR, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Who You Are:
You are a strategic builder and a dynamic leader, driven by the passion to learn new technologies and craft simple solutions to complex, innovative challenges. Engaged in architecture, you create enduring, robust platforms. Moving swiftly, you have definitive views on software design and product requirements. Valuing autonomy, you take vast ownership of transformative projects. As a natural mentor, you prioritize collaboration and knowledge sharing. You thrive in an environment that spurs debate, where logic and creativity merge to address the most exciting problems.
Who is Aiwyn and what do we do?
- Aiwyn is the fastest-growing software company serving the accounting profession. Founded in 2020, we now work with 75+ of the largest CPA firms in the world. Our “Job to be done”: speed up cash flow, save Partner time, & deliver best-in-class client experiences. We do this by automating day-to-day firm operations with our Practice Automation solutions. Aiwyn is led by serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits and funded by a Top 10 fintech VC.
What You'll Do:
- Architect & Build - Speed and precision are paramount. Dive deep into creating robust architecture and efficient data pipelines, ensuring we iterate swiftly and effectively.
- Drive & Adapt - Within our agile development team, your versatility is key. You'll work across the technology stack, wearing various hats, adapting to meet the diverse needs of our projects.
- Lead & Innovate - You're at the helm, taking full ownership of your projects. Whether it's a solo endeavor or a collaborative effort, you'll tackle exciting, innovative problems from inception to completion.
What We Need:
- Technical Mastery - Proficiency with Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot, underpinned by a strong foundation in OOP, functional programming, and software design principles.
- Architectural Acumen - Familiarity with diverse architecture patterns, including microservice-based designs and message distribution strategies, complemented by the wisdom to discern when to employ each.
- Innovative Problem-Solving - A knack for identifying straightforward solutions to multifaceted challenges and the ability to solve intricate engineering dilemmas elegantly.
- Continual Learner - A demonstrated history of mastering and applying new technologies at a high level.
- Operational Experience - Know-how in running systems at scale, navigating the inherent challenges that come with it.
- Database Expertise - Hands-on experience with relational databases, coupled with a keen understanding of performance optimization strategies.
- Leadership & Collaboration - The capability to lead projects, foster collaboration, and contribute meaningfully to both solo and team-based initiatives.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Beam, Dataflow, or other data pipeline technologies
- Proven capability in building robust, mission-critical software
- Leadership or mentorship experience at the project level
- Hands-on experience with ETL processes and tools
- Knowledge of best practices in data integrity and validation
Why Work at Aiwyn?
- The big-picture value proposition of this role is simple: join us, and you'll be paid competitively to have freedom in solving worthwhile, challenging problems alongside other A-players at a fast-growing SaaS startup led by an experienced and successful team with industry experience.
- Remote, work-from-anywhere culture
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare benefits,
- Stock options
- 401(k) matching
- Adventure Travel Stipend on each anniversary of your employment with Aiwyn
Other benefits include:
Aiwyn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our CCPA privacy notice which can be found here: https://www.aiwyn.ai/ccpa