Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
What We Do
Wagmo is a new type of pet health company. We are a pet parent's partner in pet parenting - from everyday care to rainy-day emergencies. We offer wellness plans that keep our members on budget and insurance plans that keep them ready for the unexpected either directly or through a pet parent’s employer benefits. Our members should always feel confident they are giving their pets the care they deserve. No matter how a member joins us, Wagmo is a dedicated partner for the whole journey and you can help drive that with your unique talents.
What's Important To Us
We solve hard problems all day long, but hang out with our pets while we do it. We value authenticity and efficiency, and have no time for egos. We prioritize performance over pedigree, compensate fairly, and never take ourselves too seriously.
Our values are core to who we are and how we operate. We talk about them all the time. These are not just things posted on a wall. We interview for them, hold each other accountable to them, and make sure we work with every single person we interact with in a way that's consistent with these values.
About the role
Wagmo is growing our business to business product features (benefit eligibility, benefit admin integration), backend operations (eligibility, deductions, billing), and the ways we continue to service our customers to ensure we make pet wellness and care available to all pets and pet parents (innovative Ai automation technology, streamlined internal tools). We have a diverse, lean engineering team and a culture where we take work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously.
Our Tech Stack: Python and Go (Golang), postgres, dbt, BigQuery, Typescript, React, Next.js, Flutter, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and implement new product features for new and existing systems used by our internal teams and pet parents
- Determines technical feasibility by evaluating situations, insights, problem definitions, requirements, designs, existing solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with our operations team and product team to determine appropriate solutions for technical issues
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- 5+ years working in engineering as an individual contributor in a nimble startup environment
- Comfortable working on individual components of an application and collaborating with other full stack engineers to develop larger components
- Experience in our tech stack
- Like to be an over-communicator (we’re remote so communication is paramount)
- You see obstacles as a fun challenge not a roadblock
- You are a source of calm; eliminating chaos for your team and making things less ambiguous so everyone knows the way forward
- Pay Range: $140k+ Equity in the company
- Company paid medical premiums
- Dental, vision, voluntary life, short term disability and long term disability
- Company paid Wagmo pet wellness and insurance plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- 12 weeks parental time off
- ClassPass subsidy
- Company wide open feedback model
We here at Wagmo strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Wagmo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.