About the Company:
It’s never been more challenging for shippers to simply know where their ocean freight is, when it will arrive, and why it was delayed. At VIZION API, we automatically push the most complete, standardized, and detailed container tracking events to any software system or spreadsheet, so shippers get end-to-end visibility into the freight that drives their business. Our mission is to enhance and optimize world trade by making data more accessible to build tools that empower digital transformation. Vizion’s goal is to be the world's leader in delivering the highest quality data in the easiest-to-use format to the international freight industry.
Our Company Values and Culture:
Simple Honesty, Be a Teacher, and Long-Term Thinking are the values that guide our decision making and are our core operating principles. Vizion is dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse team focused on fostering a culture of Communication, Innovation and High-Performance.
How You Fit In & the Details:
As part of the Sales Team, the Account Executive will play a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with new and existing accounts to help us grow revenue. Beyond book smarts, the right candidate will have an ease with people, an ability to develop new relationships easily and beyond all else, confidence in the products and services they are offering. To be successful in this role, you will strive to continuously improve your sales process, demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices and model genuine customer empathy.
This role reports to the Sales Manager and will partner and collaborate with Engineering, Customer Success and Marketing. In addition to the above, you will:
● Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
● Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
● Unearth new sales opportunities through networking, cold calling, email campaigns and social touches and turn them into long term partnerships
● Deliver quality and tailored demonstrations of Vizion’s products to prospects based on their needs and priorities
● Attend industry meetings, trade shows and events to generate leads and meet in person with prospective customers
● Assist with keeping sales playbooks up to date on what works and what doesn’t – knowledge share with the team
● Respond to complaints and resolve issues aiming to customer contentment and the preservation of the company’s reputation
● Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
● Preferred minimum of 4+ years as a proven Account Executive
● Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
● Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce, Hubspot) is a plus
● Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
● Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
● Sense of urgency and persistence
● Organizational and time-management skills
● Enthusiastic and passionate
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing is a plus
This is an evergreen position, and we continuously welcome applications from candidates who are passionate about Vizion and are eager to contribute to our mission. We accept applications on an ongoing basis and will review them as they are received.
Perks & Benefits:
● We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of: $70,000 to $90,000 and commission structure. Vizion intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location.
● We prioritize diversity in our hiring and are LGBTQ+ friendly
● Fully remote: Work from your home office or beach somewhere (as long as the beach has Wi-Fi, of course)!
● Excellent No-Cost Medical, Dental and Vision plans: 100% coverage for you and dependents
● Unlimited PTO Policy: We believe in recharging our batteries and we mean it when we say we expect you to take time off!
● 401(k) with company contribution
● Company-Provided Laptop (Mac or PC) and an office-outfitting budget
Did you know:
Some studies indicate that the average female-identifying person will apply to a job only if they feel that they qualify for 100% of the requirements? Persons of color experience this at an even higher rate. Whereas male-identifying people will apply if they feel that they qualify for 60% or more of the requirements.
Now you (may) know something new, and we want to encourage anyone who feels that they might be qualified for the role to apply. You may be surprised!
We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We at Vizion are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, contractors, vendors, and clients.