Business Development Officer
Underline starts with our people.
At Underline, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Underline is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where people feel valued, work with a purpose of mission, are personally rewarded, and are professionally challenged.
Are you ready to join this team and transform American communities?
Underline was founded in 2019 with a singular mission: to ensure the vibrancy of our nation through building intelligent community infrastructure in a socially equitable manner. We work with American communities to design, finance, and construct open access fiber-optic networks. These networks are critical to secure internet access that’s fast, affordable, and fair. As open access networks, this infrastructure is also the essential foundation for distributed healthcare services, new wireless solutions, and resilient infrastructure including modernized water systems and responsible energy creation. Our first two projects are in Colorado Springs and Fountain, Colorado.
About this Position
As a Business Development Officer, you will be responsible for client acquisition, managing and maintaining business relationships, and leveraging your expertise to find solutions for small business connectivity and technology needs. This role reports to the Market Development Director.
Spend your time helping us connect El Paso County, one business at a time.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a strong desire to influence, educate, and connect clients to technology
- You have a demonstrated ability to make personal connections, engage and educate clients, ask open-ended questions, and establish trust to ensure lasting relationships
- You exude confidence with clients when sharing product knowledge and solutions
- You have excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to tailor features and benefits of products/services to clients with different needs
- You can learn products/services, and procedures quickly and accurately while delivering solutions for clients
- You can execute on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- You are professional, thorough, and organized with strong follow-up skills
- You enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit—you take a hands-on approach to tasks and objectives that serve the mission of the company
- You believe in the social, economic, and environmental benefits of bringing intelligent infrastructure to communities
What you'd be doing:
- Improve the quality and speed of internet connectivity for business owners in El Paso County
- Proactively seek new business clients for Underline in El Paso County—in person, over the phone, and virtually
- Partner with Underline’s Internet Service Providers, Managed Service Providers, and other third parties, to connect clients to experts who can help them with specialized technology solutions
- Deliver an exceptional experience with a client-centered approach
Experience we require:
- At least three years of experience in outbound sales
- Understanding of consultative relationship sales with proven success establishing new clients, deepening client relationships, and delivering results
- Experience working with a variety of customer demographics
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings
- Experience selling telecom or internet products
- Familiarity with the El Paso community, and surrounding areas