Manager/Senior Manager, Operations - Continuous Improvement
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking for a Manager/Senior Manager, Operations Continuous Improvement who will have responsibility for managing and improving the daily operations and performance goals for a large and scaling Trials business. The senior manager is responsible for the execution of multiple initiatives across several multidisciplinary teams. This individual is expected to apply critical thinking to prioritize initiatives, ensure all projects deliver value in a timely manner, and apply data driven approaches to solve problems. Initiatives will include optimization of existing processes and implementation of new capabilities and services. The senior manager will be accountable for providing project oversight, managing timelines, risk escalation, and change management. This role requires excellent critical thinking, communication, organization, and presentation skills to successfully lead teams and engage with leadership.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Build the industry’s best program to bring clinical trials to patients faster, in locations where they already receive care through enhanced patient matching, rapid site activation and site engagement initiatives.
- Lead operational excellence across large cross-functional teams; including the design and implementation of updated operating models.
- Partner with Operations, Account Management, Provider Engagement, Data Science, Product & Engineering to identify process and product feature improvements to support daily operations
- Participate in the development and refinement of converting the program vision into project work; can successfully lead a team through all phases of a project (scoping, work break down, gathering and documenting business requirements, building the team, budgeting, risk management and delivering results).
- Expertise in project management and process improvement methodologies
- Craft and manage project plans and agendas; collect, prioritize, and complete activities related to project plan.
- Ability to design, structure, and oversee multiple initiatives and teams simultaneously; ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Manage operational performance / OKRs and apply process improvement methodologies to foster data-driven root causes analysis and improvements.
- Coach and build team members in managerial skill set to drive performance
- Identify and respond to project issues and risks; own and provide expedient follow through to action or resolution and communicate appropriately.
- Anticipatory problem solver that can proactively manage stakeholder expectations and risks
- Ability to identify organizational project intersections and dependencies and resource constraints; pulls in all key stakeholders to stay in alignment while managing timelines and deliverables
- Experience and proven track record with large scale process improvement and change management initiatives
- Effective at championing a compelling vision, leading by example, and guiding teams through difficult situations
- Comfort with ambiguity and creating structure; adaptability and flexibility to change priorities and initiatives
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills with proven capability to strategically problem-solve
- Strong ability to adjust and tailor communications to different audiences for impact; and interact with all levels within the organization through verbal, interpersonal and written communications
- Prior experience directly managing teams; exceptional leadership skills
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred
- 5+ years of operating experience including scaling teams, leading business units and a track record of exceeding KPIs
- Preferred: formal project management / process improvement training
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.