Associate Director of Program Management (Boston)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Program Management who will ensure customer success and operational excellence for Tempus’ largest life science partnerships. They will drive new and ongoing customer initiatives, lead multidisciplinary project teams, and resolve obstacles for stakeholders internally and externally. Ultimately, this role will maximize the value delivered to Tempus’ key strategic partners by leveraging pan-Tempus insights to deliver programmatic solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the program for one or more of Tempus’ life science strategic collaborations
- Maintain a view of all ongoing collaborative projects between Tempus and strategic partner(s)
- Provide leadership and guidance to the multidisciplinary Tempus Team dedicated to supporting the individual strategic partner(s)
- Partner with corresponding Key Account Director to determine whole-account perspective as input to prioritization of business unit (BU) activities, support project scoping and contracting
- Track partnership health across key programs:
- Ongoing and planned initiatives
- Blockers and issues
- New Opportunities
- Coordinate internal communication regarding strategic partner’s unmet needs/ priorities, and manage cross-BU follow-ups to ensure Tempus addresses them swiftly and effectively
- Interact directly with key stakeholders within the strategic partner organization(s).
- Act as point of contact for incoming requests from strategic partner(s)
- Plan and lead customer feedback sessions with relevant business unit BU operations team members at all stakeholder levels. Aggregate and organize feedback into potential actions to provide more value.
- Assist with content preparation for key meetings (e.g., Quarterly Joint Steering Committees, business development meetings, project planning and kickoff, etc.)
- Partner with BU operational teams to ensure appropriate prioritization and escalation of strategic partner-related activities that affect satisfaction and value.
- Serve as Tempus’ advocate at strategic partner organization and strategic partner’s at Tempus
- 5+ years in data partnerships / alliance management / strategy / management consulting, serving the Life Sciences sector (Pharma / Biotech)
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline
- 7+ years working with Life Sciences partners in Research & Development and/or Real World Data
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, and/or MBA) preferred
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial business approach; thrives in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that can operationalize implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with success
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues, and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Track record of adding value as an individual contributor and through leading a Team
- Understanding of translational research, discovery and clinical development at pharmaceutical companies
- Advanced understanding of biology and therapeutic interventions in Oncology
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.