Reimbursement Data & Strategy Analyst
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Reimbursement team oversees revenue cycle operations and reimbursement strategy for Tempus clinical laboratory testing. This position supports relationships with Tempus’ Managed Care, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Success, Operations, and Business Intelligence (BI), as well as our third party billing vendor.
- Track and report team KPIs on monthly basis
- Monitor and validate data pipeline between clinical source systems and external billing vendor
- Create financial models to quantify the impact of payor regulatory/policy changes
- Develop and maintain reimbursement operations data and dashboards
- Analyze reimbursement trends using insurance claim data
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from finance team and other stakeholders
- Contribute ideas and expertise to reimbursement initiatives that improve revenue cycle operations
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks across projects, third party billing vendor, and internal Tempus teams
- Experience working with disorganized data from various sources and translating raw data into practical insights and recommendations
- Creative mindset in order to problem solve, comfort with ambiguity and confidence to ask key questions
- Commitment to the success of the team; brings a collaborative attitude
- Skillful at working both independently and in team settings and comfortable with a fast-paced environment
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Operations or Healthcare Management preferred
- 0-3+ years of financial analysis experience, preferably in healthcare revenue cycle analytics
- Proficient in Excel (e.g., pivot tables, vlookups, index/match functions)
- Experience with dashboard applications (e.g, Looker, Tableau, Sisense, PowerBI) and SQL a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints with strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of healthcare data, including claims data and diagnostic/procedural data a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.