Analyst, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for an Analyst for Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to support growing operations in Chicago. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting functions and financial reporting processes.
- Support preparation of all quarterly and annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP, including drafting and review of disclosures and qualitative performance discussions
- Support coordination of audit support & review filings with external auditors, and senior members of the finance team
- Prepare consolidation of the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow
- Support with FP&A team on monthly financial reporting package
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting of the Company’s financial statements, statement of equity, and cash flow statements
- Support maintenance of financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary reporting deadlines
- Coordinate with accounting team on new accounting standards issued by the FASB to determine impact to the company and implement new accounting standards, as required; assist with change management, if any
- Support peer benchmarking and comparability
- Research and analyze significant and/or complex accounting issues, support preparation of technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and present results directly to management
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes, including the documentation of the standard operating procedures
- Play a key role in the Company's control compliance
- 2+ years of public accounting and/or relevant industry experience.
- Public company experience and knowledge and/or SEC financial reporting standards preferred
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations, as well as controls compliance
- CPA or similar designation required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Meticulous and impeccable attention to detail
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, and work well with people at a wide range of levels and departments
- Internal control experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.