Senior Software Engineer - EHR Integrations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About our Teams:
At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern tech stack - React, NodeJS, Typescript and Python on GCP - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
As a Senior Software Engineer specializing in EHR Integrations at Tempus, you will play a crucial role in bridging Tempus' exceptional point-of-care insights with the EHR systems utilized by our partner practices for patient management. Your responsibilities will involve constructing cutting-edge full-stack applications, leveraging interoperability standards such as FHIR and HL7. This includes developing Chromium project overlay apps that are compatible with browser-based EHR systems, as well as applications tailored for Windows desktop-based EHR systems.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have HealthCare development experience including EHR APIs (Epic, Cerner or OncoEMR's FHIR Resource, or proprietary APIs) and or HL7 integrations
- You love exploring hard problems and solving them with data-driven, iterative software development
- You understand the challenges and appreciate the rewards of a distributed and event-based architecture
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy learning from and collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring junior team members
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Docker, AWS, GCP
- Experience a relational DB such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience in building pluggable UIs (overlays) via chrome plugins / chromium apps in browsers / windows desktop.
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience in biotech, genomics, and precision medicine
Responsibilities for the position:
- Use forward-leaning software engineering approaches in your work, e.g. clean code.
- Contribute to a team culture that achieves a well designed system and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Mentor other software engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.