Head of Commercial, Omics Solutions
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Computer technology has had a limited impact on healthcare. With recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. And now we are looking for a Head of Commercial, Omics Solutions to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences Research team. This role will focus on establishing and expanding partnerships with Pharmaceutical co’s, Academic Institutions, and Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) testing companies while driving revenue for the Tempus product line.
Head of Commercial, Omics Solutions (Life Sciences, DTC, Academia)
The Head of Commercial, Multi-Omics is responsible for leading and managing a team of business development representatives. The focus is on cultivating and growing Tempus partnerships with Pharmaceutical, Academic and Consumer clients to support them in advancing their research, clinical and/or commercial programs. This team, led by the Head of Commercial, works cross-functionally with Tempus stakeholders and negotiates with clients to drive projects forward leveraging our products/services in research, clinical assays and Multi-Omic testing.
- Manage & lead the Omics Solutions business development team. Owning and exceeding booking & revenue targets for the product line across pharmaceutical, DTC & academic sectors, ensuring the business unit is on track vs strategic KPIs to meet goals
- Determine where Tempus products/services are best positioned to support clients’ R&D and/or commercial objectives; negotiate with accounts to drive projects forward
- Work with Business Development reps to source leads, map stakeholders, and outreach to surface relevant client interests and opportunities
- Develop contract structures, and secure and manage pull-through of contracts with assigned territories & client accounts
- Define marketing, conference & webinar activities to promote the MultiOmics product line actively
- Build relationships with R&D and commercial executives at partner organizations, enabling identification, development of, and support for additional value-creation opportunities
- Ensure the team employs a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers and decision-makers across the client’s business continuum and influence them to act quickly
- Work closely with the entire Tempus team (Leadership, Business Development, Partner Operations & Commercial Operations) to ensure communication/coordination when projects span client stakeholder groups and/or Tempus’ portfolio
- Collaborate with Tempus Commercial and Partner Operations to manage existing business and identify new opportunities for both account & sector growth
- Regularly report and track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Account Team and Tempus Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the Testing/Research portfolio by providing feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Develop sales commission plans, conduct performance reviews, hiring/headcount assessments, and contribute to the ideation of short/long term goals of the business unit
- Stay informed on the diagnostics industry, direct to consumer testing, pharmaceutical, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and client priorities
- Travel approximately 40% of working time, domestically and internationally
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Proven ability to manage a sales team in the diagnostics industry, having helped reps navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help BD reps move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Deep relationships with Pharma, DTC or Academic Research stakeholders (preferred)
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life; gains energy from solving difficult problems
- 7+ years in Business Development and Sales in Diagnostics or the Life Sciences sector (Pharma / Biotech)
- 5+ years in Sales leadership within Diagnostics or Life Sciences
- Experience with MultiOmics assays, Array Technology & NGS is required
- Bachelor's degree in a Science or Business discipline
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.