Inventory and Receiving Coordinator II
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. The new and rapidly growing supply chain team at Tempus is passionate about supporting this effort and is searching for a new Receiving and Inventory Coordinator II to help develop and maintain our inventory control systems.
What you’ll do:
- Act as first point of contact for Tempus deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Scan and enter packing lists into ERP database
- Notify end-users of packages addressed to them
- Receive, unpack, and deliver goods; re-stock items as necessary within labs
- Assist in development and maintaining of kanban inventory system
- Unload shipments and packages from incoming trucks
- Inspect cartons and contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify received quantities matching the physical count, packing lists & purchase orders
- Immediately contact purchasing (or supplier or shipper) if a discrepancy is identified (wrong product, damaged, wrong quantity, etc)
- Collaborate with lab end users to modify inventory locations as necessary
- Work with suppliers as necessary to maintain certificates of insurance for dock
- Collect Certificates of Quality from suppliers as necessary
- Responsible for shipment of outgoing supplies, including returns
- Proper disposal of cardboard, dry ice and other shipment packing materials
- Perform weekly inventory counts and adjust database as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; sense of urgency
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to handle time sensitive and critical materials
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (email, chat & phone) and interpersonal abilities for external providers as well as internal customers
- Proven experience as a receiving and inventory clerk & or similar position
- Working knowledge of computer software & barcoding for entering and maintaining data
- Experience with lot-tracked and perishable inventory
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.