Associate Application Scientist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for an Applications Scientist to be a part of our process engineering team.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide primary scientific, technical, and application support for the clinical next-generation sequencing (NGS) laboratory
- Assist with troubleshooting and deliver exceptional technical support
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software, and system failure, using advanced knowledge, experience, and skills
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of all procedures in the NGS laboratory
- Provide additional application training to Clinical Molecular Technologists and other laboratory staff
- Classification and categorization of laboratory incidents
- Provide management with updates on application support, key metrics, issues, and risks
- Provide analyses, feedback, and recommendations regarding assay and equipment performance
- Investigate non-conformances through RCA and DMAIC, perform/recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Identify applications that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Liaise with Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, Automation, and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) departments as a technical applications expert
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Strong background in molecular biology, genetics, genomics, and bioinformatics
- 2+ years of relevant, practical molecular/NGS laboratory experience required.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with qPCR, NGS, and automated liquid handlers
- Experience with data analysis and statistical analysis
- Good written and verbal communication in English, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Willingness to accommodate
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.