Molecular Technologist (relocation assistance)
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times in a clinical laboratory.
- Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Perform next-generation sequencing, including nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA quantification and qualification, NGS library preparation, probe hybridization, probe/library capture, library cleanup and quantification, loading sequencing libraries onto the Illumina Nextseq, HiSeq4000, and Novaseq.
- Sterilizing laboratory equipment and workspaces as assigned.
- Entering clinical patient data into the Laboratory Information Management system.
- Obtain 12 continuing education hours in the field of oncology or molecular biology.
- Maintain competency to perform all assigned molecular biology protocols in accordance with CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH regulations.
● One of the following educational requirements:
- MS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year pertinent clinical laboratory experience with molecular biology
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year of pertinent clinical lab experience in molecular biology
● Excellent communication skills
● Thrives in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
● Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
● Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Experience with next-generation sequencing
● Work in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
● Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
● Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems
Tempus is offering a relocation assistance package for individuals currently living outside of Illinois.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.