Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You’ll Do:
- Preparation of both unstained and routine hematoxylin and eosin stained slides from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue blocks
- Maintain laboratory equipment and record maintenance regularly
- Approach work with safety and diligence and follow safety requirements of the laboratory
- Perform routine workflows without specific guidance
- Reliably produce quality finished product
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for new instruments and products
- Collaborate with other members of the Tempus Labs team
- Ulitize microtome, water bath, automated stainer, automated coverslipper , tissue processors, and embedding centers
- Collaborate with in-house pathologists for slide quality review
- Ability to cut frozen sections using a cryostat
- Track work completed using a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Histology team to accomplish daily cutting and staining deadlines
- HT or HTL Certification preferred
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Familiarity with Leica equipment, manual microtomes, both Leica and Roche automated IHC staining instruments
- Knowledge of CAP regulations
- Experience with pathology laboratory SOPs and protocols
- Comfort with laboratory safety and training
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in the laboratory
- Good communication and organization skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.