Biostatistician Summer Associate
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is seeking a highly qualified advanced-degree Biostatistics Summer Associate to work with us for the summer of 2024. We are looking for people who can change the world.
Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work at Tempus and the chance to have a true impact. We hope that at the end of your internship, you leave with a deeper understanding and appreciation for Tempus’ profound goals and mission; to connect an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Summer Intern at Tempus, you will:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Work on comprehensive, value-added project(s) that help enhance the fields of science and technology
- Collaborate with teams/colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Gain professional development & build relationships with peers from across the country
Anticipated Summer Project(s):
- Assessing dependent delayed entry on rwOS and rwPFS endpoints
- Pursuing a Ph.D. (advanced degree graduation between winter of 2024 and summer of 2025).
- Statistics or Biostatistics
- Statistical methods including methods for time-to-event analysis
- Computational skills using R or SAS, especially relevant statistical tools and packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Google Suite and Gmail, preferred.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others in a fast-paced environment is critical. Be ready to fly the plane as you’re still building it!
- You will spend 8 or 10 weeks working in our Chicago office. The internship will be a hybrid, onsite 3 days/week with the option to work remotely the remaining days.
- The program will start in early June and run through July/August (dependent upon your school calendar and availability).
- A competitive hourly wage will be provided for the summer employment and a relocation bonus to help offset some of the relocation costs and resources to help you find housing.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.