Part Time Histotechnologist, Thursday-Saturday, 11:00am-7:30pm
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques from sample processing to creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
What You’ll Do:
- Preparation of unstained and routine hematoxylin and eosin stained slides from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue blocks
- Preparation of tissue scrolls from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue blocks, using clean cutting techniques
- Maintain laboratory equipment and record maintenance regularly
- Approach work with safety and diligence and follow the safety requirements of the laboratory
- Perform routine workflows without specific guidance
- Reliably produce a quality finished product
- Utilize microtome, water bath, automated stainer, automated coverslipper, tissue processors, and embedding centers
- Collaborate with in-house pathologists for slide quality review
- Ability to cut frozen sections using a cryostat
- Track work completed using a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Histology team to accomplish daily cutting and staining deadlines
- Required: Some prior histology experience with cutting FFPE samples
- Preferred: HT or HTL Certification, Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Familiarity with Leica equipment, manual microtomes, and both Leica and Roche automated IHC staining instruments
- Knowledge of CAP regulations
- Experience with pathology laboratory SOPs and protocols
- Comfort with laboratory safety and training
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills in the laboratory
- Good communication and organization skills
- Dedication to patient care, and minimizing errors
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.