Key Account Director, Provider - East
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers do not have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We are on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a National Account Director, East to join our rapidly growing Oncology Sales team.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the business by focusing on strengthening Tempus relationships with Key strategic Integrated Delivery Networks, Academic Centers, Large Health Systems across the designated area.
- Establish relationships with executive leadership at Key accounts (C- Suite, President, Precision Medicine Leadership, Executive Leaders, Pathology Leadership) to cultivate opportunities for collaboration.
- Build relationships with purchasing and contracting teams to help leverage opportunities to promote Tempus products.
- Implementing opportunities to contract that allow for Tempus teams to work closely with key accounts.
- Leverage access to key stakeholders to help align Tempus objectives and portfolio across teams.
- Strengthen opportunities to build processes with pathology to help streamline opportunities to serve patients.
- Articulate and communicate Tempus portfolio of products and understand how Tempus can help serve needs of IDN’s and Key Accounts.
- Communicate and collaborate with all Tempus commercial positions including VP Sales, Sales Leadership, Clinical Account Executives, Precision Medicine Partner Directors, Account Associates and Managed Markets teams.
- Create structured business plans that accelerate Tempus portfolio growth across Key accounts.
- Participate in sales meetings, industry meetings as needed to leverage new opportunities to build relationships .
- Deep domain knowledge of the Diagnostic Services industry. Molecular Diagnostic experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in health care with emphasis on molecular diagnostics, genomics, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and oncology.
- Experience selling Oncology based tests and services into the Oncology and/or Pathology clinical communities preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and align organizational goals and objectives; enable innovation.
- Ability to develop and utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals and objectives.
- Ability to provide an integrated MolDx/SaaS solution using Tempus’s sequencing technology to prospects and customers.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences while connecting client needs with Tempus’s capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle
- Comfortable selling at the executive level (CEO, COO, CFO)
- Keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and regular utilization of Salesforce.com
- Frequent travel (~50%) throughout the territory as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, MS, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
- 6+ years of related strategic account experience in the diagnostic industry
- Enterprise selling experience at the Health System, IDN, and GPO level
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.