Senior Scientist, Biological Modeling
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly skilled Research Scientist to join our Biological Modeling team to support Organoid Based Screening. Our CAP accredited facility develops human tumor models for use in a range of studies with our academic and commercial partners to discover next generation cancer therapies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of immuno-oncological cell therapies, systems biology, FACS/FLOW, protein detection and scSeq techniques. Post-doctoral and/or industry experience employing disease relevant 3D tissue models, tissue/tumor slice or human organoid tumor models to support drug discovery at scale is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment, manage teams and communicate results both internally and to commercial partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a team of passionate scientists and research technicians/ associates to implement organoid-based assays using an automated, high throughput platform
- Design and execute Immuno-Oncology screening and imaging workflows
- Analyze data using biological and statistical software such as Flowjo, Excel, Prism
- Work with automated liquid and plate platforms at all stages of development
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute in matrix-based project groups
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and follow laboratory practices in compliance
- Generate summary reports of screening results for customer deliverables.
- Ph.D. in oncology, molecular systems biology or a related field
- 4+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience
- Experience with 3D human tissue models
- Experience with cellular immunotherapies is required, including primary 3D and slice cell culture, immune cell activation/expansion, scRNAseq and high-throughput screening
- Experience in vitro immune cell characterization and functional assessment, such as, flow-based immunophenotyping, multiplex cytokine measurements
- Experience coordinating complex experimental workflows across multidisciplinary teams.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Chance to make a real impact on the healthcare industry
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.