Senior Manager of Revenue
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for a hardworking, ambitious Senior Manager of Revenue to support its growing operations in Chicago. This is a hybrid-office role (3 days/ week in office), as the position will play a key role in accounting, financial reporting, and strategic management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the supervisor and manage the revenue, billing, accounts receivable, and treasury team
- Execute the quarterly and annual accounting close processes
- Lead monthly revenue reviews ensuring the revenue accounting team timely documents results of their investigations and flux analysis to support FP&A & external reporting teams
- Provide strategic direction in support of critical revenue cycle initiatives (i.e. automation, process improvements) and goals
- Collaborate with the Global Controller in technical analysis of new contracts, transactions, acquired entity policies, and be a subject matter expert of ASC 606 and related ASC guidance
- Develop and enforce company financial policies and regulations
- Partner and coordinate with upstream and downstream partners to understand and deliver accurate key results, project initiatives, and documentation, including collaboration on special projects and system implementations.
- Review complex journal entries and account reconciliations, provide coaching and workpaper templates and guidelines to the revenue team.
- Secondary review of revenue cash receipts for operating and non-operating transactions
- Help protect the Company’s assets by ensuring adequate internal controls are in place
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives around month-end close, accounting processes and procedures, and financial analysis.
- Partner with accounting leadership to ensure robust and timely financial reviews, support external audits and tax compliance, including preparation of work papers and other documentation as needed
- Support training and career development of accounting team. Train, allocate work, and resolve issues among personnel
- Partner with finance team to assist with budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines and laws
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years working in Accounting, Audit, Finance, or Healthcare Admin.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit, Business Admin., or Healthcare Admin.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Minimum 4 years of public accounting experience in audit or consulting field
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Previous management experience
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, order forms, legal, and pricing
- Exceptional customer service skills; cooperative; strong team-player
- High level of self-motivation with the ability to manage priorities and work independently
- Poised and works well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Industry experience in technology (SaaS), healthcare or biotechnology heavily encouraged
- Experience with NetSuite, Sage Intacct, or other large ERP system a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.