Engineering Lead - Analytics Platform
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
We are hiring an Engineering Lead for the Lens platform, focused on our Research Workspaces product. Research Workspaces are a GCP powered platform that allows researchers to generate novel biological insight through running machine learning and bioinformatics on massive biological datasets comprising genomic, transcriptomic, imaging, and clinical data. Researchers, both within and outside of Tempus, can use Lens’ Research Workspaces to develop new clinical algorithms and screening tools, understand biological networks in tumors through the analysis of high-dimensional data, and more.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You've got experience managing software development teams, and can lead technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices.
- You are passionate about hard problems in the biomedical data space and are excited to remove roadblocks from researchers.
- You understand the challenges and planning required to reap the rewards of machine learning technologies.
- You enjoy exercising hands-on keyboard muscles, and maintain the ability to serve the team as a technical mentor.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with some of the technologies we use such as Kubernetes, BigQuery, or GCP’s Machine Learning infrastructure.
- Experience in biotech, genomics, clinical research and precision medicine.
- Have built a platform to enable data science teams self-service capabilities supporting an applied machine learning workflow.
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track across multiple teams.
Responsibilities for the position:
- Works with product management, science teams, and customers to deliver a scalable data platform for bioinformatics and machine learning workflows.
- Build and contribute to a team culture that achieves a well designed system and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with scientific subject matter experts to understand scientific workflows/outputs, and to translate the understanding of these workflows into technical implementation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.