Clinical Pathology Lab Coordinator
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Clinical Pathology Lab Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination between our lab, pathologists, and business teams across Tempus.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time. Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way.
- Work with pathologists and histotechnologists to ensure efficient patient testing workflows for clinical specimens
- Abstract clinical data accurately and efficiently from patient documents
- Support multiple workflows including pathology review and IHC review
- Serve as a liaison between Pathology team and other teams across Tempus
- Utilize creative thinking to industrialize team operational processes
- Responsible for troubleshooting, auditing sample progress, and reconciliation of lab specimens
- Expected to follow all lab protocols
- 4 year college degree, in a Biological Science, including classes in anatomy and/or molecular biology
- Prior Pathology or Histotechnology Lab experience, with anatomy experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology is highly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams across Tempus in person and email.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Show initiative in a fast paced environment
- Desire to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks
- Strong note taking skills and/or experience transcribing spoken word to text
- General office equipment and software knowledge and computer proficiency, including Mac OS
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.