Senior Director of Business Development, Compass
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Sr. Director, Business Development - Tempus Compass
As the Sr. Director, Business Development for Tempus Compass, you will play a critical role in helping drive our partners research goals forward by helping us meet and exceed our sales goals in the Tempus Compass business unit. This role is responsible for identifying, building, and expanding relationships with pharmaceutical companies running clinical trials. This role is also responsible for new business development and expanding existing relationships by identifying new opportunities to partner with new and existing customers. Joining Tempus will give you the opportunity to apply your skill-set as you build and sustain customer growth.
- Develop strategic plans for winning new business with pharmaceutical companies running clinical trials, expanding market share, and building upon existing programs manifested by a qualified pipeline of opportunities
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the market environment including current and possible future market trends, practices and information affecting the business; industry trends; competition and competitive environment; and, marketplace strategies and tactics
- Initiates, develops, builds, and maintains long-term relationships with all levels of customers
- Collaborate with Internal Tempus Teams to provide creative solutions to resolve customer challenges, empowering and inspiring others to think and approach challenges in innovative ways
- Run a full cycle sales process from prospecting to closing
- Log activity and manage a growing partner pipeline through Salesforce
- Be comfortable with working remotely and hold a high level of individual accountability
- Actively seek out personal and professional growth to continue sharpening your skill-set
- Embrace, embody and represent the Tempus company culture at all times to external and internal constituents
- 5+ years of sales experience with a history of proven past performance, meeting or exceeding expectations
- Minimum - Bachelor in Sciences, Genetics, Genomics, or related field; Ph.D. or MBA a plus
- Experience selling in a CRO environment
- Possess a very positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
- Ability to discuss problems and solutions with customers and prospects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in giving customer facing presentations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a multifunctional team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required and SFDC
- Excellent customer skills and ability to connect with healthcare professionals
- Demonstrate Tempus’ values by acting with integrity, respect and trust
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.