Lab Administrative Coordinator
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. Our mission requires an extensive body of clinical lab employees to process our patient sample volume. These lab employees require administrative support on many levels. We are looking for the following skills in this role: strong communication, collaboration, autonomy, discretion, and strict attention to detail. This role will report to the Vice President of Clinical Lab Operations at Tempus.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the administrative activities of a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support a molecular workflow with rapid turnaround times. This role is extremely collaborative and multitasking/managing tasks across multiple departments (HR, talent team, payroll, finance, security) will be required.
- Deliver regular updates to the Vice President of Laboratory Operations, to summarize employee overtime, headcount, and other metrics.
- Collaborate with the talent team and lab management to ensure that backfills and incremental headcount are tracked accurately across all sites (CHI, RTP, ATL), and present weekly updates to department leadership.
- Assist with various onboarding tasks such as adding new lab management to appropriate email distribution lists and slack channels on a biweekly basis; manage employee parking and laboratory office seating.
- Own lab-wide communications to announce new hires, Tempus anniversaries, and similar.
- Oversee planning lab-wide events via the lab events committee: team meetings, budget assessment and delegation of tasks to the committee.
- Assist in sourcing/ scheduling large conference rooms in Chicago for various lab team meetings, and assist in building agendas for various lab leadership summits throughout the year.
- Own and update the lab Wiki page as a resource for all lab employees.
- Lead planning of the quarterly and annual department leadership summit.
- Draft lab-wide communications, assist in presentation preparation for weekly senior lab leadership meetings as well as quarterly lab meetings; draft monthly management email updates.
- Compile lab employee bonus submissions to the payroll department on a per-pay period basis.
- Provide documentation and training support during annual review season for laboratory management.
- Facilitate review of laboratory progression plans annually.
- Provide culture improvement ideas to lab leadership for the clinical lab.
- General task management, e.g. leader standard work assessment.
- Analysis of basic data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of pertinent clinical lab experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and professionalism
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.