IT Service Desk Manager
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
The IT Service Desk Manager is someone who performs and oversees a variety of Information Technology duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include managing IT operations (End User Computing, Service Desk Support, Device Imaging (PC/Mac), Cross Team Collaborations) . This also includes maintenance and troubleshooting amongst our multiple locations (Chicago, North Carolina, Atlanta, New York, San Francisco). This is also a supervisory position.
What You'll Do:
- Operations Management:
- Manage daily operations of the IT Service Desk department
- Assist with IT needs either directly, or through future additional positions
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all IT related tasks, projects and/or activities for the team
- Ensure that software and systems meet overall company goals
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure alignment on quarterly priorities
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network and other systems problems
- Incorporate tools that can enhance the team ability to troubleshoot
- Develop Processes:
- Analyze operations data and institute procedures
- Recommend the purchasing and installing of hardware, software and telecommunications equipment to management
- Research and stay abreast of new techniques and technologies
- Accountable for creating and achieving the department’s targets and KPIs
- Supervisory responsibilities for the overall IT operations team
- May be responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions of subordinates
- May be responsible for completing adequate performance documentation on time
- Responsible for training and developing Service Desk team members
- Establish and track metrics to measure team and individual performance
What we’re looking for:
- 4 year degree or certificate in computer science or a related field required
- Experience leading a team of IT service desk technicians
- Understanding of IT Service Management practices
- Experience with computer systems, wireless network, network security, mobile devices and telecommunication
- Experience managing multiple locations within an organization, a plus
- Experience with any or all of the following applications - ServiceNow, G Suite, and Workspace One
- Experience with IDM processes and tools (e.g. Okta)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.