Lab Programming Engineer - Quality Control
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Quality Control Engineer who will be responsible for designing, testing, and implementing automated workflows for a high-throughput next-generation sequencing clinical laboratory.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with department managers to repair/adjust/update software settings for existing automated workflows in a complex, rapidly-evolving clinical laboratory at multiple sites.
- Provide technical support for instrumentation and coordinate with third-party support engineers as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and performing non-routine maintenance of instrumentation.
- Help create and implement new equipment functionality for use by Tempus R&D and clinical lab staff while maintaining CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH/ISO compliance.
- Complete Performance Qualifications (PQs) for all clinically approved molecular laboratory equipment.
- Collect and help analyze equipment metrics.
- Investigate equipment related issues and help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to provide equipment training, troubleshoot equipment issues, and prioritize QC tasks.
- Report significant equipment findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within the document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioengineering, Biotechnology, or other applicable Life Science, with 2-6 years experience in programming or building automation systems in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or clinical laboratory.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS, highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with PerkinElmer, Hamilton, and Tecan applications, highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.