Senior Financial Analyst
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in supporting finance business partnering, forecasting, and ad-hoc financial projects. This individual will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide actionable insights, financial guidance, and data-driven recommendations that contribute to the overall financial health and strategic decision-making of the company.
- Finance Business Partnering:
- Collaborate with various business units and departments to understand their financial needs and challenges.
- Provide financial support and guidance to stakeholders, acting as a trusted advisor to help them achieve their financial goals.
- Analyze financial data and translate it into meaningful insights for non-finance teams.
- Lead the development and maintenance of accurate, timely, and robust financial forecasts and budgets.
- Conduct variance analysis and explain deviations from the plan to support decision-making.
- Work with operational teams to validate and improve assumptions used in forecasting models.
- Engage in special financial projects, including cost-benefit analysis, financial modeling, and scenario planning.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and recommendations to address specific challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Analyze financial data and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Prepare and deliver clear, concise, and insightful financial reports and presentations for senior management.
- Continuously identify opportunities to streamline financial processes, improve data accuracy, and enhance reporting capabilities.
- Implement best practices to drive efficiency and effectiveness within the FP&A function.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or professional finance certification (e.g., CFA, CMA) is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, or related roles.
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling, data analysis, and financial software tools (e.g., Excel, ERP systems).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.