R&D Molecular Associate
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Molecular Technician to support the development of new tests and processes for deployment in our clinical NGS lab. Supporting Lead Scientists, this role involves the execution of advanced molecular techniques toward the development the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What You’ll Do:
- Under the guidance of senior scientific staff, support the development of cutting-edge molecular assays for our high-throughput CAP/ CLIA/ NYSDOH accredited clinical lab
- Assist in the troubleshooting and quality control initiatives
- Assist with development of automated processes
- Execute molecular protocols with a high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Generate detailed documentation of experimental execution
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years experience in a molecular lab or completion of an advanced technical certificate program with a strong molecular lab component
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Hands-on experience with any of the following molecular methods is highly desired:
- NGS library preparation methods
- PCR methods such as: PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, ddPCR
- Sanger Sequencing
- Nucleic acid ligations
- Nucleic acid analysis such as: quantitation by absorbance/fluorescence, gel & capillary electrophoresis
- Magnetic bead-based DNA/RNA purification and size selection
- DNA hybridization arrays
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.