Senior Strategy and Operations Manager - Algos
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Tempus enables physicians to deliver personalized care across a number of diseases through its interactive analytical and machine learning platform. We provide genomic sequencing services and analyze molecular and therapeutic data to empower physicians to make real-time, data-driven decisions.
Tempus Algos is our business to develop, validate and launch new AI Algorithms as clinical tests, in oncology, cardiology, diabetes, neurology, infectious disease and new disease areas. We do this by leveraging our library clinical + molecular + imaging data to develop novel algorithms, validate them clinically, and make them available to clinicians and patients. We have an ambitious vision to dramatically change how AI is used in clinical care, and are looking for incredible business and operational leaders to make that a reality.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Senior Operations Lead with strong entrepreneurial skills and experience with clinical diagnostics to help us develop, launch and scale novel AI Algorithms in oncology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define potential novel AI Algorithms – including the applicable population, clinical indication, impact to patients, scientific risk, report design, performance threshold, and validation design – using scientific literature and interviews with key opinion leaders in medicine and data science
- Develop a deep understanding of the clinical, life sciences, and competitive landscape to inform the development strategy of novel diagnostic tests
- Collaborate with clinicians, scientific teams, R&D teams and others to understand key risks in order to successfully develop and ultimately launch new tests
- Roll up your sleeves to work with Medical Affairs, Market Access and Clinical Development to design and execute studies that demonstrate the clinical impact of novel tests
- Improve the way our team operates. Bring insights around process improvements that help us reach the scale of launching dozens of new AI Algorithms per year
- Degree in Bioinformatics, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or a related field
- Multiple years of experience with clinical diagnostics, ideally in oncology
- Ability to blend scientific/medical knowledge with real operational execution
- Entrepreneurial skills. You’ve taken an idea and turned it into something real and something great.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.