Revenue Cycle Support Associate (Chicago)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Reimbursement team oversees revenue cycle operations and reimbursement strategy for Tempus clinical laboratory testing. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Managed Care, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Success, Operations, and Business Intelligence (BI), as well as our third party billing vendor.
- Maintains worklists for patient billing, medical record requests, COB/expired insurance in Tempus’ billing system
- Document current trends or patterns observed in the daily work to help improve processes and clean claim submissions.
- Report financial assistance decisions into billing system
- Track and own current mail procedures to reduce manual processes
- Assist Supervisor with aged account clean up in Tempus billing system
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, are a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you enjoy unpacking and resolving complex issues
- Results oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Required Education & Experience
- Associate/Bachelor Degree or 2+ years healthcare revenue cycle / billing operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel)
- Familiarity with laboratory billing
- Experience with Google Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.