Principal Bioinformatics Data Scientist, Liquid Biopsy
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time for our expanding liquid biopsy portfolio (including diagnostics, therapy selection, molecular residual disease testing and therapeutic response monitoring).
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics data scientist with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and genomics algorithm development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical/machine learning modeling. Top candidates will also have leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Develop novel algorithms and statistical/machine learning models using genetic and epigenetic NGS data to detect highly sensitive biomarkers used to gain insight into cancer variation.
- Design and conduct analyses to improve methylation and variant calling, artifact filtering, quality control systems, variant classification and biomarker discovery.
- Design and execute experiments to support various regulatory submissions.
- Translate molecular insights into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary group of bioinformaticians, data scientists, and engineers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and scientific leadership.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Must have completed a Ph.D. in genetics, biomedical informatics, or related life sciences areas.
- At least 10 years of postdoc or industry experience.
- Computational skills using Python (preferred) and/or R.
- Experience working in cancer genetics, immunology, and/or biomarker discovery.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience working with Next-Generation Sequencing Data.
- Experience building NGS pipelines in a clinical setting.
- Experience in implementing and parallelizing pipelines in cloud computing environments.
- Expertise in algorithmic development, statistical models, and machine learning techniques.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience leading project teams of scientists and/or software engineers.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in best-practice coding processes and data change control.
- Strong background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.