Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is looking for an ambitious Payroll Clerk to support Tempus Payroll Manager and the growing operations in Chicago. This position will play a key role in the payroll process such as data entry, earnings and deductions setup, garnishment setups, bonus and commission payments, and time system uploads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing semi-monthly payroll data entry and reconciliation for 3 company codes within set timelines.
- Collaborate with Finance and People teams on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as accurate benefit information, new hires processes, cash, bonus, terminations and other projects impacting payroll
- Reviewing wages reported/computed and correcting errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Reviewing and completing any federal and state tax inquiries on a timely basis
- rocess and review of all Garnishments/Tax Levies/Support orders as necessary
- Acts as first point of contact for employee issues; to troubleshoot and determine solutions
- Verifying data entered in the system
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years payroll processing experience in a multi-state environment
- 1+ years of Workday experience
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong technical and analytical problem-solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and Word
- Can work in a fast-paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment and deal with multiple high priority activities concurrently
- Represent Tempus in a professional manner at all times
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of staff from manager to peers
- Must possess the ability to understand and follow company rules and procedures and comply with corporate policies, goals, and objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.