Medical Science Liaison - Psychiatry
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a high-performing and experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to support the commercial, research, and educational objectives of the company. We are seeking a field-based MSL with a strong clinical and scientific background in psychiatry genomic testing and excellent communication skills to educate healthcare providers about Tempus nP offerings. This position will require approximately 50% travel.
- Develop, maintain, and function as an expert with respect to the Tempus nP medical affairs department and its test offerings. This will include regular interpretation and medical consultation with ordering clinicians.
- Function as a Sales Team support and a regional expert with respect to Tempus nP test offerings, promoting the exchange of clinical/scientific/technical information with regional KOLs and other physicians in the field of mental health/psychiatry;
- Facilitate education of a broad healthcare provider community (KOLs, community physicians, medical directors and other HCPs) regarding Tempus nP products via in-person or webinar-based presentations. This will include proactive and reactive communication of validated scientific data;
- Identify opportunities to close education gaps of internal teams in collaboration with the Learning & Development team;
- Attend conferences and other key meetings and provide comprehensive meeting synopses and summaries of high-impact abstracts/posters/oral presentations;
- Continuously update internal stakeholders on relevant medical and scientific knowledge as well as proactively developing market intelligence on existing competitor products and products in development.
- Fundamental understanding of the field of Pharmacogenetic testing (PGx) and related patient management assessments;
- Existing psychiatry KOL portfolio or experience is preferred, but no required;
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to effectively communicate relevant scientific topics and concepts;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, team player, strong inter-, and intradepartmental management skills, ability to educate and train;
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset able to work and deliver on tight timelines;
- Ability to travel (50%)
Education and Experience
- Advanced scientific or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, MD/DO, MSN, BSN)
- Basic understanding of psychiatry/mental health required; basic understanding of molecular testing is strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of MSL experience in diagnostics, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.