Billing & Coding Associate (Chicago)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Reimbursement team oversees revenue cycle operations and reimbursement strategy for Tempus clinical laboratory testing. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Managed Care, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Success, Operations, and Business Intelligence (BI), as well as our third party billing vendor.
- Audit ICD-10 codes and make appropriate changes
- Maintains worklists for patient billing,ICD-10 coding, medical record requests, COB/expired insurance, and refund requests in Tempus’ billing system
- Review and verify that medical record documentation supports diagnoses, procedures and treatment results
- Assist Supervisor with aged account clean up in Tempus billing system
- Support audit process as needed
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as needed
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, are a self-starter and can work with minimal supervision
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you enjoy unpacking and resolving complex issues
- Familiar with medical coding methodologies, claim adjudication, Medicare policy and related topics
- Experience working with professional coding structures and claims auditing logic
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Results oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Required Education & Experience
- Associate/ Bachelor Degree or 2+ years healthcare revenue cycle / billing operations
- HIM certification: RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CCS-A, CPC, or CPC-A
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel)
- Oncology coding experience
- Optum Encoder experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.