(Senior) Research Product Manager - Modeling Lab
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Research Product Manager - Modeling Lab at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge technology and data into the hands of researchers. The Modeling Lab aims to transform drug discovery & development and therapy selection by building the world’s largest library of human tumor-derived organoids that are characterized by molecular features and associated clinical outcomes in robust, reproducible 3D models. We’re looking for a research product manager who can help design, scope, organize, and operationalize solutions to grow and industrialize the Modeling Lab.
- As an individual contributor, coordinate with a cross functional team of scientists, business leaders, operators, and others to drive the planning, design, coordination, and execution of projects that support the daily activities of the Modeling Lab
- Partner with leadership to develop project plans and set targets as part of quarterly and annual planning; be accountable for achieving those targets as listed on the Research Roadmap
- Develop a deep understanding of the biology, the use cases, and the strategy of the tumor organoids, and the established and experimental screening methods
- Partner with teams involved in the end-to-end Modeling Lab processes, including Scientists in the Modeling Lab and Translational Research, Commercial, Pathology, Computational Biology, Product Engineering, Business Stakeholders, etc
- Assist in design and coordination of new technology development and validations
- Coordinate Tempus teams and external affiliates to support scientific partnerships and facilitate scientific publications
- Cultivate and drive improvements to the Modeling Lab
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex / ambiguous issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Highly organized with strong operational prowess
- Exceptional project management skills
- Bias towards action; must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible, tenacious, agreeable, and resilient with the ability to execute on rapidly changing business priorities
- Ability to spin up quickly on topics in Organoid biology, Precision Medicine, Genomics, high throughput screens, and AI
- Minimum 3+ years of operating / project / product experience including project management, leading projects, and a track record of exceeding KPIs or 3+ years of management consulting or other team-based experience
- Previous work as a Project / Program lead for multiple high-level initiatives in Healthcare or Scientific fields
- Advanced degree in the biological sciences (Masters, PhD) strongly desired
- Building and using database and collaborative project management software (e.g., Asana, Coda.io, Confluence)
- Preferably 1+ year working in or with diagnostics, organoids / cellular 3D systems, biopharma, screening, and / or healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.