Information Security Operations Analyst
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house labs and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to extensive cloud-based infrastructure and a set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus’ approach to information security allows us to react to threats to any of the environments and workflows described above and identify and close gaps quickly. Our effective security operations engrained with comprehensive monitoring, testing, and risk management allow us to protect Tempus without reducing the speed at which we do business. You and your team set the security goals and design and deploy the products, controls, and workflows to ensure Tempus will continue to make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
As a Security Operations Analyst, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we provide secure and private precision medicine methodologies for our clients and their patients
Why we’re looking for you:
- Monitor security alerts and events to identify potential security incidents.
- Analyze security data from various sources, including intrusion detection systems (IDS), firewall logs, and antivirus reports.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents, including malware infections, unauthorized access, and data breaches.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine the source and extent of security incidents.
- Develop and maintain security incident reports, including incident details, response actions, and lessons learned.
- Collaborate with other teams to remediate security vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity threats and trends.
- Implement and follow security best practices and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
- Participate in security awareness and training initiatives for employees.
- Provide on-call support for after-hours security incidents, as needed.
- Generate and present reports on security incidents and trends to management.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Security) or equivalent work experience.
- Information Security certifications (e.g. security),
- Proven experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or a related role.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices.
- Proficiency in security information and event management (SIEM) tools.
- Knowledge of intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), firewall technologies, and endpoint security solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to stay updated with the evolving threat landscape and security technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.