Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Scientist to support the development of new processes and tests for deployment in our clinical lab. This role involves developing and executing experiments using advanced molecular techniques.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and support the development of cutting-edge molecular assays for our high-throughput CAP/ CLIA/ NYSDOH accredited clinical lab.
- Design and execute research and/or development-related experiments/projects with a high degree of precision and attention to detail. Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions and implement improvements.
- Demonstrate ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness in design of studies and experiments.
- Generate detailed documentation of experimental methodology, materials and results.
- Mentor and train junior scientific staff.
- Collaborate with and provide scientific leadership to cross-functional teams
- Ensure activities are consistent with project critical path and respond appropriately to changing priorities
- Master’s degree with 2+ years or Bachelor’s with 5+ years experience in a molecular lab
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines
- Interprets results and uses these data, along with literature precedent and input from subject matter experts, to modify experimental plans accordingly.
Hands-on experience with any of the following molecular methods is highly desired:
- NGS library preparation methods
- PCR methods such as: PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, ddPCR
- Sanger Sequencing
- Nucleic acid ligations
- Nucleic acid analysis such as: quantitation by absorbance/fluorescence, gel & capillary electrophoresis
- Magnetic bead-based DNA/RNA purification and size selection
- DNA hybridization arrays
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Experience in clinical lab
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.