Anatomic Pathology Clinical Associate
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before, but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. Here at Tempus, we believe that the treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the detection of unique biomarkers. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
- Conduct preliminary pathology review (H&E review for specimen adequacy for NGS) for both research and clinical specimens
- Cover weekend NGS pathology review at least 1 Saturday per month
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team focused on answering key biological questions and keeping up with TMO (Tempus Molecular Ontology) cohorts
- Participation in research projects as well as lab innovation projects, i.e. development of digital/remote pathology review, AI initiatives and other algorithms that necessitate Anatomic Pathology input, experience and collaboration
- Specimen review will be performed on-site at our laboratory in downtown Chicago
- Assist AP Lab Director with maintaining CLIA/CAP compliance and proficiency testing requirements
- Assist with handling contractor questions, scheduling and other issues
- Participate in pathology laboratory coordinator (PLC) education and training, as well as assisting with patient data abstraction as needed
- Participate in and potentially lead PLC pre-pathology review and pathology review workflow improvements
- Collaborate in creation and updating of standard operating procedure documentation and working instructions for PLCs and pathologists
- MD/DO with a current Illinois medical license and board-certification in Anatomic Pathology
- Minimum of 1-2 years of anatomic pathology (i.e. general surgical pathology or sub-specialty and/or cytopathology) sign out experience preferred, although exceptional recent trainee graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, reporting and communication skills
- Experience working in a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
- Experience ensuring compliance of a clinical laboratory to regulatory standards
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.