Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Genetic Counselor to support the internal clinical genetics needs of the company. Chicago-based or fully remote.
- Clinically review and authorize hereditary germline testing orders and conduct outreach to sales team members and care teams to ensure the appropriateness of germline testing
- Review all hereditary germline testing results and reconcile any reported differences between validated germline assay results and germline findings reported on somatic testing (discordance review)
- Serve as one of the Tempus clinical liaisons to GeneDx and ensure that GeneDx clinical inquiries are answered in a timely manner
- Aid in the development of marketing materials, provider educational materials, and patient educational materials pertaining to germline genetic testing
- Assist in the development of internal germline resources (e.g., Literature reviews, panel comparisons, etc.)
- Collaborate with and provide clinical support to cross-functional teams, including Medical Affairs, Sales, Pathology, and others
- Utilize SalesForce to answer provider and internal Tempus team member clinical inquiries as they pertain to germline genetics
- Assist with new test development and refinement of current assays
- Participate in sales calls and external virtual tumor boards on an ad hoc basis
- Conduct research studies related to Tempus germline products
- Attend genetics-related conferences to support Tempus presence and summarize relevant finding for internal team members
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with competing projects and deadlines
- Ability to travel (<20%)
- MS in Genetic Counseling required
- Board certified or board-eligible by the American Board of Genetic Counseling (or the American Board of Medical Genetics)
- 3+ years of experience in clinical genetics and/or diagnostic laboratory preferred
- Experience with oncology preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.