Quality Control Technologist I-IV - Reagents
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics? With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Lab Quality Control Technologist who will be responsible for maintaining equipment and reagent compliance for a clinical molecular lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume clinical molecular laboratory.
- Work to maintain CLIA/CAP compliance.
- Phase in reagents for clinical lab team processing and label reagents approved for use.
- Support Lab QC team with equipment and documentation tasks as needed.
- Document all results and findings in order to satisfy CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH requirements.
- Report significant equipment findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Help create and implement new processes for clinical lab staff.
- Update SOPs and records within the document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Create and review protocols and qualification summaries.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to prioritize QC tasks.
- Help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer at least 1 year of previous experience in a molecular lab or with laboratory liquid handlers.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.