Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Variant Scientist who will work with our Clinical Teams on patient molecular reports for clinical utility.
- Accurately classify somatic and germline variants for liquid biopsy, panel tests, and whole exome NGS sequencing
- Utilize a variety of in-house software tools to analyze clinical molecular data
- Read and interpret scientific literature and curate relevant findings in a clear, concise, and precise manner
- Summarize somatic and inherited genetic test results to generate high quality clinical reports
- Perform critical quality control functions for molecular reports that complies with quality management programs and standard operating procedures
- Support improvements for current assays and processes
- Curate variants, genes, and diseases for scientific and clinical relevance
- May train junior team members
- MS, GC, or PhD degree in Cancer Genetics, Human Genetics, or Biological Sciences
- Prior experience in a diagnostic laboratory, clinical report writing, and familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature is preferred. Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Must have utmost attention to detail, excellent communication, and writing skills
- Ability to accurately follow formal documentation and protocols
- Ability to work in both an individual and group setting. Must be flexible and able to adjust priorities according to workload or management needs
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.