Senior Software Test Engineer, Customer Systems
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus; proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for Quality Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing health care into the 21st century. As an embedded pod Quality Engineer, you will play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and high-quality insights for our clients, patients, and partners. Patient care, data quality, and innovative science are foundational principles that require creativity and pragmatism.
The Tempus Engineering Customer Systems group focuses on delivering actionable insights to our customers via our web and mobile solutions. These teams own the external reporting and visualization, and thus work very closely with all Tempus Product and Engineering teams. Data quality & security concerns are tier one concerns.
What You Will Do
- You will work closely with the product development team and become the subject matter expert on what the system(s) is expected to do, what the customers want the system(s) to do and how the system(s) behaves today.
- You will work alongside your fellow Quality Engineers, Developers and Product Managers to plan, implement and execute a test strategy for systems under your purview and more importantly measure impact of this test effort through meaningful metrics and KPIs.
- You are constantly looking for ways to improve existing test strategy and automation practices and capable of independently driving implementation of changes
- You will develop understanding and be aware of project related risks.
- You are energized by data-driven actionable insights from defects and incidents that occur for your and other systems to identify gaps in product quality with a goal to mitigate and prevent recurrences and future defects.
- You thoroughly enjoy and are passionate about building a strong culture of quality at any company, but above all, you are a great team player and thrive in a cross-functional rapid growth environment.
- Lastly, you have strong opinions coupled with hands-on experience in automation frameworks and test data management techniques and solutions that the team can leverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, performing manual testing, automating test cases, and debugging.
- Experience in complete software development life cycle (build, test and release).
- Prior experience building technical solutions with Continuous Integration tooling, Docker, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
- Prior exposure to Service Oriented Architecture.
- Prior work experience in AWS or GCP.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.